[ABE-L] Fwd: FGV EMAp | Seminário: "Topological inference in Topological Data Analysis II: Persistence barcodes" por Raphaël Tinarrage

Luiz Max Carvalho lmax.fgv em gmail.com
Seg Abr 26 19:46:17 -03 2021

Caros redistas,
A parte dois do seminário da EMAp sobre "Topological Inference" se dará na
próxima quinta-feira, às 16h. O link é :
https://fgv-br.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcsceyupjIjHtK9BmjGS2MH7CpndEK6GGZc

Será um prazer tê-los no nosso ambiente virtual.

Cordialmente,

Luiz

[image: cid:image001.jpg em 01D56E0B.2914C3E0]

*TOPOLOGICAL INFERENCE IN TOPOLOGICAL DATA ANALYSIS II: PERSISTENCE
BARCODES*

I will present Topological Data Analysis, in particular persistent homology
theory. This theory, which has widely invested the fields of computational
geometry and data analysis since the 2000's, allows to apply theoretical
tools from algebraic topology (in particular, the singular homology of
topological spaces). On the theoretical side, persistent homology offers an
answer to the following estimation problem: given a submanifold M of a
Euclidean space, and a finite point cloud X that we suppose close to the
submanifold, estimate the singular homology groups of M from the simple
observation of X. On the application side, it can be used as an exploratory
tool to discover the topology of datasets, or as a new feature in machine
learning tasks. In this talk I will define persistent homology, and show
how one interprets the persistence barcodes.

Texto informado pelo autor.

*Quando e Onde:*

29 de Abril de 2021, às *16h*

Via Zoom

Registre-se com antecedência para este seminário:

https://fgv-br.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcsceyupjIjHtK9BmjGS2MH7CpndEK6GGZc
<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffgv-br.zoom.us%2Fmeeting%2Fregister%2FtJcsceyupjIjHtK9BmjGS2MH7CpndEK6GGZc&data=04%7C01%7Celisangela.souza%40fgv.br%7C386011afbd814817b2b908d8fdec9e14%7C79f6b639ab1242808077bdbeef869b33%7C0%7C0%7C637538540048360743%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=29EVwTSqdi6HWkpWuZJKPFNNMBFHRkfQj8dYcruk3t0%3D&reserved=0>

Após o registro, você receberá um e-mail de confirmação contendo
informações sobre conexão no seminário.

*Palestrante:*

*Raphaël Tinarrage* -  I did the essential part of my mathematical
education at the Institut de Mathématiques d'Orsay, in the south of Paris.
I passed by the ENS Saclay, where I obtained my agrégation (teaching
diploma). I then followed a research master in mathematics applied to life
sciences. I did a Ph.D. in Topological Data Analysis, under the supervision
of Frédéric Chazal and Marc Glisse, in the DataShape team (INRIA Saclay). I
developed variations of persistent homology theory in order to solve
topological inference problems. I am now a post-doc at EMAp, pursuing my
missions to develop and apply Topological Data Analysis. Apart from doing
math, I like teaching math (especially confronting young students with
research), understanding the topology of the world around me, and doing
capoeira.

[image: Footer]

[image: linha]

[image: DICOM] <https://portal.fgv.br/>

[image: LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/fgv>

[image: LinkedIn] <https://www.facebook.com/FGV/>

[image: Facebook] <https://www.instagram.com/FGV.OFICIAL/>

[image: Instagram] <https://twitter.com/fgv>

[image: Twitter] <https://www.tiktok.com/@fgv.oficial>

[image: YouTube] <https://www.youtube.com/fgv>

[image: Mais] <https://portal.fgv.br/redes-sociais>

[image: Mais] <https://portal.fgv.br/redes-sociais>

--
Luiz Max Fagundes de Carvalho
Lecturer, School of Applied Mathematics (EMAp), Getúlio Vargas Foundation