[ABE-L] Próximo seminário (online) de probabilidade - IM-UFRJ - 3 de maio

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Ter Abr 27 19:04:58 -03 2021

Probability Webinar -   IM-UFRJ

Dear colleagues,

Our next online seminar will be held on Monday, May 3rd,  from 3 p.m.
to 4 p.m. (Rio de Janeiro local time)

The GoogleMeet link for the seminar is  https://meet.google.com/uew-ehhn-kby

Speaker:   Augusto Q. Teixeira (IMPA)

Title: Phase transition for percolation on randomly stretched lattices

Abstract: In this talk we study the existence/absence of phase
transitions for Bernoulli percolation on a class of random planar
graphs. More precisely, the graphs we consider have vertex sets given
by Z^2 and we start by adding all horizontal edges connecting nearest
neighbor vertices. This gives us a disconnected graph, composed of
infinitely many copies of Z, with the trivial behavior p_c(Z) = 1. We
now add to G vertical lines of edges at {X_i}xZ, where the points X_i
are given by an i.i.d. integer-valued renewal process with inter
arrivals distributed as T. This graph G now looks like a randomly
stretched version of the nearest neighbor graph on Z^2. In this talk
we show an interesting phenomenon relating the existence of phase
transition for percolation on G with the moments of the variable T.
Namely, if E(T^{1+eps}) is finite, then G almost surely features a
non-trivial phase transition. While if E(T^{1-eps}) is infinite, then
p_c(G) = 1.
This is a joint work with Hilário, Sá and Sanchis.

All the talks are held in English.

The videos of the online seminars held in 2020 are available at
http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=2885

For the 2021 series, a few days after each meeting the video should be
available at http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=3027

Thanks for circulating this information.

Sincerely,
Organizers: Guilherme Ost and Maria Eulalia Vares