[ABE-L] Próximo seminário (online) de probabilidade - IM-UFRJ - 22 de março

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Qua Mar 17 13:52:47 -03 2021

*Probability Webinar -   IM-UFRJ *

Dear colleagues,

Our next online seminar will be held on Monday, *March 22* from *3 p.m. to
4 p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time)

The GoogleMeet link for the seminar is  https://meet.google.com/uew-ehhn-kby

Speaker:   *Lucas Roberto de Lima (UFABC)*

Title: *Limiting shape for some random processes on groups of polynomial
growth*

Abstract: We study conditions for the existence of the asymptotic shape for
subadditive processes defined on Cayley graphs of finitely generated groups
with polynomial growth. We will focus our attention on the cases of
First-Passage Percolation and the Frog Model. The considered class of
graphs is an algebraic generalization of the hypercubic Z^d lattice, and
the related limiting shape results combine probability with techniques from
geometric group theory. This talk is based on a joint work with Cristian
Coletti.

All the talks are held in English.

The videos of the online seminars held in 2020 are available at
http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=2885

For the 2021 series, a few days after each meeting the video should be
available at http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=3027

Thanks for circulating this information.

Sincerely,
Organizers: Guilherme Ost and Maria Eulalia Vares