[ABE-L] Próximo seminário de probabilidade - IM-UFRJ - 8/11 - 15 h

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Qua Nov 3 10:22:18 -03 2021

*Probability Webinar -   IM-UFRJ *

Dear colleagues,

Our next online seminar will be held on Monday, *November 8, * from *3 p.m.
to 4 p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time)

The Zoom link for the seminar is

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83698166702?pwd=ejFxYmh3dVk5b3J3SG0wMWxEVnVrUT09

Speaker:  *Pablo Martín Rodríguez (CCEN/UFPE)*

Title:  *On some branching processes with selection*

Abstract:  In this talk we will discuss two special stochastic processes,
which may be seen as branching processes with selection. We will present
the motivation behind its formulation and some results related to the
existence of phase transition in such processes.

All the talks are held in English.

The videos of the online seminars are available:

2020 -  http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=2885

2021-1  - http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=3027

For the second semester, a few days after each meeting the video should be
available at http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=3178

Thanks for circulating this information.

Sincerely,
Organizers: Guilherme Ost and Maria Eulalia Vares

Livre
de vírus. www.avast.com
<#m_-1218590839193650622_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>