[ABE-L] Seminário de Probabilidade - IM-UFRJ - 21 de fevereiro (segunda-feira)

Maria Eulalia Vares eulalia em im.ufrj.br
Ter Fev 15 08:15:41 -03 2022

*Probability Seminar -   IM-UFRJ *

Dear colleagues,

Our next seminar will be held on Monday, *February 21, * from *3 p.m. to 4
p.m*. (Rio de Janeiro local time).

We will be using the platform Zoom and the link is:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83698166702?pwd=ejFxYmh3dVk5b3J3SG0wMWxEVnVrUT09

Speaker:  *Rodrigo Ribeiro (University of Colorado Boulder)*

Title: *On random walks that build their own domain*

Abstract:  In this talk, we will discuss the dichotomy
recurrence/transience and ballisticity in the context of a class of random
walks that build their own domain. At each step of the walker on its
domain, a random number of new vertices is attached to the walker's
position. We will present distributional conditions over this random number
of new vertices for which we observe distinct sharp behavior on the walker.
We also discuss structural results, that is, when this process is seen as a
random graph model, the walker is capable of generating trees whose degree
distribution approaches a power-law.

All the talks are held in English.

More complete information about the seminars will be available at

http://www.dme.ufrj.br/?page_id=2438

Those who do not wish to receive our next announcements may simply send an
email to  <eulalia em im.ufrj.br>  asking to be removed from the list.

Thanks for circulating this information.

Sincerely,

Organizers: Giulio Iacobelli and Maria Eulalia Vares

Livre
de vírus. www.avast.com
<#m_-1929839634710412405_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>