[ABE-L] Seminário do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística da UFPE - 2015

Francisco Cysneiros cysneiros em de.ufpe.br
Dom Abr 5 16:26:19 -03 2015

*Seminário do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Estatística da UFPE*

"Intelligence, religiosity and homosexuality non-acceptance: empirical
evidence"

Dr. Francisco Cribari Neto

(Paper coauthored Tatiene Souza)

Departamento de Estatística - UFPE

Data: 08 de abril de 2015 (quarta-feira)

Horário: 16:00 horas

Segundo andar do CCEN

Resumo: Our main goal in this paper is to explain the proportion of
homosexuality non-acceptance in different nations. To that end, we consider
the beta regression model proposed by Ferrari and Cribari-Neto (2004). We
use several conditioning variables, such as average intelligence, per
capita income, an indicator as to whether the country is Muslim, an income
inequality index and a religious diversity index. We estimate the impacts
of intelligence and proportion of religious disbelievers on the prevalence
of homosexuality non-acceptance. Such impacts are statistically significant
and highly negative, i.e., higher intelligence levels and higher proportion
of disbelievers are associated with lower prevalence of homosexuality
non-acceptance. Bootstrap confidence intervals are also computed.

--
Francisco José A. Cysneiros
Associate professor